If you not yet set up a Facebook Developer Account, navigate to https://www.facebook.com/developers after you are login to your facebook account.
Create a Facebook Application:
- Click the ‘Create New App‘ button, and enter your app name and a namespace to get started.
- For App Name you can put a formal and recognizable name like “My 1st Application“
- For App Namespace you might not get the name you want as there is around 1 millions-2 millions facebook apps already register there. I would recommend you to put something like “woolei_myfirstapp” (in lower case with no space)
- For Web Hosting, Do not select the free web hosting provided by Heroku! It is very complicated for a beginner. I will provide you with a more simple free host later.
- Click “Continue” to proceed.It will redirect you to the Security Check Pop up page. Enter the code in the captcha.
- The Heroku box for free hosting will prompt out again, click “Cancel“ !
- Once you have key in the Security Check Code, you will be redirect to the Basic Settings page.
- Congratulation! Your 1st Facebook Application is register successfully!
The next step:
Free Web Hosting for Facebook Application